Are you looking for a large family-sized tent? Look no further than this guide to 5 best 8 person tents to choose from for your next camping trip!
How much does a good tent for 8 people cost? Can I get a decent 8 sleeper tent for less than $100?
Tents come in a range of sizes, shapes, materials, and prices. There are also different types of tents, such as dome tents, tarpaulin tents, and freestanding tents. If you want to choose the best tent for your next trip, consider these things before buying.
Large tents are better than small ones as they can easily accommodate large families or camping adventures with friends.
Of course, setting on the perfect 8 person tent relies on various factors.
The weight of the tent is a key factor when choosing a tent. The heavier it is, the more difficult it will be to carry it around. Lightweight tents are easy to carry and also generally speaking easier to assemble.
If you plan on using the tent often, then you should buy one that has enough room for storage. You may need space for extra clothes, sleeping bags, cooking equipment, stoves, lanterns, etc.
You should look at the size of the tent. Choose a large tent if there are many people who will be staying inside. Otherwise, choose a smaller tent.
Look for a warranty on the tent. This means that the company will repair or replace any part of the tent if it breaks down within the first year.
What are the best 8 person tents can you get on the market? What features make up the best 8 person tents? What materials are good to have for your tent? How much will you have to pay for an 8 person tent? How long exactly will your tent last you?
Well, if you want the answer to all of these questions, then we would suggest that you keep reading.
We have compiled a list of some of the best 8 person tents that you can find on the market, along with a buyer’s guide that will help you to decide which is the best 8 person tent for your needs.
- Read Our Useful Camping Guides
- Best 8 Person Tent
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Final Say
Read Our Useful Camping Guides
- Best Camping Coffee Makers
- The Best Camping Shower Tents
- Useful Tips For Camping In The Rain
- How To Stay Warm In A Tent
- Insulating Your Tent For Winter Camping
- What Is A Tent Footprint
Best 8 Person Tent
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented corner welds and inverted seams helps keep water out
- Extended door awning keeps shoes and gear dry; hinged door offers easy access
- Measures 16 x 7 feet with 6-foot 2-inch center height
- Quick setup in 15 minutes with carry bag included for easy transportation
This Coleman 8 person tent is great for those looking for high quality, durability, and affordability. It offers a strong frame, and spacious floor area, and includes everything needed for comfortable camping.
It is perfect for family vacations, outdoor events, and campouts. It has a patented EasySet 2-way door system, so it takes no time to set up. It also has a dual-wall design that keeps its footprint small while still providing excellent ventilation.
It also has a unique side access door that allows you to enter the tent without having to crawl under it.
The Coleman 8 sleeper tent also has two mesh windows that let plenty of air flow through while keeping out bugs. Each window also has a mosquito screen that helps to prevent mosquitoes from entering the tent.
It also has a rainfly that covers the entire tent and protects it from light showers. The rainfly has a zipper that makes it simple to open and close. It also has grommets in each corner that allow you to tie off excess ropes.
The Coleman 8 person tent also has four stakes that hold the corners of the tent securely into the ground. These stakes are made of corrosion-resistant steel and have rubberized tips that protect them from sharp objects. They come in a pack of 4.
- Highly durable – this is one of the most resilient tents that you can get on the market, coming with a durable material that will be able to resist all sorts of weather, including rain, wind, and even intense sunlight.
- Great value for money – if you are looking to save yourself plenty of money on your tent, then we would suggest that you go with this one.
- Easy to set up – if you are looking for a tent that will pop up easily and quickly, then we would certainly recommend this one. This will be ideal if you are looking for a tent that is easy to set up.
- Not suitable for cold weather – if you are looking for something that will really put up some resistance to the cold weather, then you might want to look for something that is a little thicker in terms of construction.
- RATED #6 FOR THE BEST FAMILY TENT IN THE USA IN 2016. SPACIOUS 9 to 10 Person (aduls/kids), 2 Rooms, 2 Doors, 3 Windows Tent Designed for Easy Assembly with color coded poles. Super 6.2 FT height for maximum comfort.
- WATERPROOF FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column, partially aluminum, heat-welded PU seam sealed and UV protection, Large covered mesh vents provide even more ventilation. Inner tent: Large D-style doors with mesh for great views and ventilation. Roomy utility pockets and gear loft for gear storage. Zipped E-PORT for easy wiring
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold plated ferrules. Aluminum Pin-and-ring system for easy and quick setup.
- MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester no-see style mesh keeps you safe while offering some privacy from side view (when not using the rainfly).
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated layer keeps you dry and protected enhanced by the unique element barrier bathtub-style construction (you won't wake up in a puddle!). Security: Meets CPAI-84 flammability requirements. Heavy duty carry bag with compression straps and ID label to personalize your tent.
The NTK Arizona is an extremely versatile and well-built camping tent that is designed for maximum comfort and convenience. It features a large main room with enough space for up to nine people and eight sleeping bags.
There are two separate rooms which can be used separately or together. The tent also has a storage compartment at the front which can store all your gear when not in use.
This tent has been constructed using a combination of tough fiberglass poles and a polyester material, which makes it highly durable. It is waterproof and UV protected meaning that it will keep you dry and safe from harmful rays. This is a very hefty unit, which also contributes to its durability.
This tent is equipped with a double-walled design that provides great insulation against the cold. There are also two mesh windows that provide ventilation and help to keep out insects.
- Extremely durable – this is definitely one of the best tents that you can find on the market today. It is built using high-quality materials that will last you many years.
- Large main room – this tent comes with a spacious main room that is big enough for up to nine people to sleep comfortably.
- Easy to assemble – this tent is designed to make setting it up a breeze. You don’t need any special tools to do this.
- Not suitable for cold weather – this is not the best choice if you live in areas where there is extreme cold.
- Noisy – this tent is quite noisy when it is being pitched and unpitched. If you are planning on pitching this tent outside, then you may want to consider buying earplugs before doing so.
- 【SPACIOUS FOR 10 PERSON TENT】- HIKERGARDEN 10 person tent was designed with the floor dimension of 168 x 132in and the center height 74in, larger than normal tents ensure most people could stand straight up. Spacious enough for 10 adults. 3 Queen air mattresses or 10 sleeping bags are well fit inside. Ideal family tent for car camping or outdoor traveling at all weather.
- 【DURABLE & REINFORCED STEEL POLES】Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame, all reinforced steel poles make HIKERGARDEN camping tent more stable on a windy and rainy day. Each HIKERGARDEN camping tent is designed with a double layer. The high quality of the pole set makes sure it is much stronger than pop-up tents.
- 【 STURDY MATERIAL】Made of 185T Polyester, rain on and keeps dry inside and never leaks. Thick and sturdy fabric with long nails to make it stands well. The high quality of fiberglass poles ensures a waterproof tent is much stronger than pop-up tents, which makes your camping trip more delightful and comfortable!
- 【LARGE SPACE VENTILATION & BREATHABLE】 Designed with an Upgraded Ventilation System, this 10 person camping tent has 1 large mesh door, 4 mesh windows & breathable panoramic skylights, which enables fresh air and a warm breeze to come in and out easily. Meanwhile, you could also enjoy the starry sky at night with your family members while lying in the tent.
- 【EASY SETUP & PORTABLE TENT】 Easy Install in 10mins and no particular skills needed. Thick and durable material and long nails at corners to make it stands well. E-port design allows it easy to connect the power source. Configured with the 2-way smooth & sturdy zippers, which makes it never stuck. Each package comes with a carry bag, which makes it much more convenient for you. And your camping trip is more delightful and comfortable!
The Hikergarden is a wonderful tent that is made of strong yet light material. It is designed to withstand harsh conditions and is perfect for both backpacking and car camping. This is a very wide 10-person tent that you can be sure will house your whole family and even a few more people.
It features a sturdy frame that consists of four poles and a pole sleeve. These poles are made of fiberglass and are covered with a durable polyester tarpaulin. They come with a stake hole at each corner of the tent.
The tent itself is made of a strong polyester fabric that keeps you dry and comfortable while inside. It has a water-resistant coating that protects the interior from getting wet. There are also mesh windows that allow airflow and prevent bugs from entering the tent.
There is one large mesh door that leads into the tent and another that leads into the second room.
- Very easy to set up – this tent is extremely easy to set up. All you need to do is simply unfold the tent and place it on the ground. The poles will be inserted into the sleeves by themselves.
- Durable – this tent is made from heavy-duty materials that will stand the test of time. It is able to withstand harsh environments without breaking down.
- Price – this is one of the more expensive tents on this list.
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Conventional pitch: Sets up in 15 minutes
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 feet full-floor screen room
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 5 feet 8 inch center height; Fits 2 queen-size air beds
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
This Coleman dome tent is an excellent option if you are looking for something that offers more than just shelter. It comes with a large screen room that measures around 15 feet long by 12 feet wide.
The tent can accommodate six or eight people, depending on the size purchased, and has a total sleeping space of about 400 square feet. The patented welded floors offer great waterproofing.
The roof is constructed using high-quality vinyl and is very lightweight. It does not require any kind of support rods. You can pitch the tent anywhere as the stakes included with the tent will hold the tent securely in place.
You can use the Coleman dome tent for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, hunting, etc.
- Great size – this tent is great for families who love to host big get-togethers. This is amazing if you are wanting to take your entire family on a camping trip.
- Lightweight – this tent is extremely lightweight which makes it easier to carry around. If you are going to combine your camping trip with some hiking, then this is a great unit to have for your needs.
- Easy-To-Assemble – you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need to put up your tent quickly and efficiently. These come with ropes that you can hammer into the ground, with durable pegs that will resist all sorts of weather issues.
- Carry bag – this comes with a bag that will make this tent very easy to carry around. This will also help to lighten the load of your equipment, which will definitely come in handy if you are hiking.
- Not suitable for rainy weather – the Coleman dome tent is not recommended for rainy weather due to its inability to keep out moisture.
- Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and inside flap zippered windows
- Removable seam-sealed fly
- Mesh roof vents
- 3 zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock-corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner elbows combined with pin and ring for easy setup
If you are looking for a small tent that is perfect for one or two persons, then the Wenzel 8 person klondike tent should be at the top of your list. This is because it is incredibly compact and portable. It is designed to fit easily inside a backpack so you can go wherever you want.
If you are looking for a small tent that is perfect for larger groups of people, then the Wenzel 8 person klondike tent should be at the top of your list. This is because it is incredibly compact and portable. It is designed to fit easily inside a backpack so you can go wherever you want.
It is a simple design that consists of four poles and a canopy. There are no internal walls or partitions which means there is plenty of space for everyone to sleep comfortably.
It is a good choice if you are planning to camp during the summer months. However, you might find that it is too hot during the day when you are outside.
- Portability – this tent is really easy to pack away and transport from one location to another. It only takes about 20 minutes to set up and you can do it even while wearing heavy clothing.
- Size – this tent is super compact and can fit in almost any backpack. It is perfect for those who like to travel light.
- Quality – this tent is manufactured using quality materials and they are guaranteed to last for many years.
Expensive – this tent is quite expensive but it’s worth every penny.
Buyer’s Guide – Best 8 Person Tent For Camping
Tents are of course essential for camping. Cabin tents are more expensive than instant tents, but they can provide a lot of comforts. Camping can be fun, but if you’re new to the activity, you may want to start off with an inexpensive option instead.
Here are some tips that will help you choose the right tent.
What Is Your Budget?
The first thing that you need to consider is how much money you have available. If you don’t have a sufficient budget to splurge on a top-range tent, then a more cost-effective starter option would work for the odd camping trip. In that case, check how you can make your budget stretch further, between buying a camping tent versus other key camping essentials you may need.
How Big is Your Tent?
You need to decide what type of tent you would like to buy. Instant tents are usually smaller than cabin tents. They are ideal for people who love to camp alone or with just one or two friends.
How Much Does Your Tent Weigh?
You need to take into account how much weight you can handle carrying on your back. A heavier tent is harder to move around and it takes longer to set up. This is especially important to consider if you’re planning to hike and camp over longer distances.
What Features Does Your Tent Have?
Instant tents are usually cheaper than cabin tents. They have fewer features, but they are still great for beginners. The most important feature is the size. Make sure that you get a tent that has enough room for you and all of your gear. Waterproofing, insulation, and UV protection are other key considerations to keep in mind, depending on the time of year and season you plan to camp in.
Is Your Tent Durable?
Instant tents are usually made of nylon, polyester, and vinyl. These are durable fabrics that are resistant to tearing and fading. Naturally speaking, quality may vary between manufacturers, so it’s always a good idea to read reviews of the product beforehand to ensure you’re purchasing a durable option.
Is Your Tent Weatherproof?
Camping is supposed to be fun, but sometimes bad weather can ruin everything. A rainfly helps to keep out the rain and snow. The last thing you’ll want is to get soaking wet in an unexpected downpour!
How Much Storage Does Your Tent Have?
A tent is useless if you cannot store your belongings safely inside. Look for a tent that comes with storage pockets and also has additional rooms or spaces to store your camping kit. This is even more important if you plan to go camping in larger groups and for extended periods and plan to pack all your camping essentials!
What Is The Warranty On Your Tent?
A warranty is essential if you plan to spend hundreds of dollars on a tent. You should always check the manufacturer’s website before buying a tent to make sure they offer a decent warranty period for the tent you’re planning to buy.
What Is The Cost Of Your Tent?
If you are a beginner and only plan to dabble in the occasional camping trip, then you probably don’t know where to begin. This is why we have created this list of the best 8 person tents to hopefully make the choice all the more easier for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between A Tent And A Tarpaulin?
Tents are larger and stronger than tarps. Tarps are used to cover larger areas and may be used to cover and protect your tent and campsite.
How Long Does It Take To Set Up My Tent?
Most tests take less than 10 minutes to set up. However, there are some models that require additional time. Thankfully, many manufacturers work to produce tents that are much easier to assemble these days.
Can You Pitch Your Tent Anywhere?
Yes, you can pitch your tent wherever you like. Just make sure that you follow local laws. Of course, there are plenty of good tips for choosing where to pitch your tent. Deciding on a flat surface, or consideration elevation in case of possible rain, and ensuring you have a protected and sheltered area all come into play when choosing where to crash for the night.
Our Final Say – Best 8 Person Tents
We hope that our article covering some of the best 8 person tents has helped you to decide which exactly are the best for your needs.
You should make sure you pay attention to the quality of your tent, as this will really affect how comfortable it is to sleep in. You should also make sure that you have enough room for yourself, your fellow campers, and all of your camping gear.
Camping can definitely be a worthwhile and unforgettable adventure and getting the basics of a camping tent right will definitely set you up for a camping excursion worth remembering!