Are you looking for the best RV Battery? In this guide, we outline 5 of the best RV batteries and provide useful tips and considerations when selecting the best battery for your RV!
What kind of RV batteries should I get? Should I go with lithium or lead-acid? What size should my RV battery be? These are all important questions to consider when planning to buy an RV battery.
RV batteries come in two types: Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) and Lead Acid (12V). Li-ion batteries are considered the safest type of battery because they don’t catch fire.
They also provide longer life cycles and higher power output. On the other hand, lead-acid batteries are cheaper and easier to replace.
There are pros and cons to both types of batteries. If you plan to travel long distances, then you should consider buying a larger capacity battery. The size of your battery depends on the vehicle you are driving. For example, a car requires a 12V battery, whereas a boat requires a 24V battery.
There are several ways to charge an RV battery. You can use a generator or a solar panel to charge it.
However, if you have a generator that runs off gas, then you will need to make sure that there is enough gas for the generator to run at full speed. This means that you will have to fill up your tank before leaving home.
If you want to charge your RV battery using a solar panel, then you will need a special inverter. Inverters convert DC current into AC current so that you can plug them into any standard outlet.
So what are the best RV batteries that you can get for your needs? What features do really great RV batteries have? What are RV batteries made from in terms of material? How much should you have to pay for a decent RV battery? How long should you expect your RV battery to last?
Well, if you want the answers to all of these questions and more, then we would suggest that you continue reading.
We have compiled a list of some of the 5 best RV batteries that you can currently get on the market, along with a buyer’s guide that will help you to identify which grills will be the best for you and your requirements.
- List Of Best RV Batteries
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Final Say
List Of Best RV Batteries
- BUILT-IN BMS: BMS stands for "Battery Management System" - the brain of our deep cycle lithium batteries. Our BMS protects your battery from most common causes of battery failure, such as temperature volatility or ground faults. The BMS regulates the amount of power taken out of the battery and acts as a shut-off system to protect the li-ion cells (and you) from unsafe operating conditions.
- LITHIUM ION TECHNOLOGY: Unlike Lead Acid batteries, Battle Born's deep cycle lithium ion batteries have unlimited mounting capability, exceptional longevity, and are more cost effective. When factoring time and cost into your purchase, our lithium ion battery banks come out ahead every time. Plus, Li-Ion batteries can be safer than Lead Acid batteries, which have no protection against ground faults.
- GREEN ENERGY BATTERIES: Made from 100% safe, nontoxic, renewable energy, Battle Born Batteries last for more cycles and can be charged and discharged repeatedly (and charge faster than any other battery). We make our renewable, sustainable green energy batteries because they’re simply better than anything else out there, including other green batteries.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND VERSATILE: At a sleek 31 lbs, our 100Ah 12v battery weighs in at only 1/3 the weight of lead acid batteries! With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position. This makes li-ion batteries perfect for marine, RV, campers, golf cart, off-road and off-grid applications!
- Please note, orders of six or more batteries will ship via freight and will require you to be able to accept a pallet shipment.
The BattleBorn battery has a capacity of 4000mAh. It weighs only 90 grams. So far, it has been rated as one of the most popular and best deep cycle batteries among RVer’s. With its ability to handle high discharge rates, this battery makes a good choice for powering electric vehicles.
It comes with a built-in charger. But, it does not include a charger base. So, you will need to buy it separately.
This battery offers maximum safety as well as reliability. It is designed to handle temperatures ranging between -13°F and 131°F (-25 °C to 55 °C).
This battery is compatible with many different kinds of vehicles including cars, boats, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, etc. It is available in various sizes and capacities depending upon your application.
- Maximum Safety – this comes with some built-in safety features that you can be sure will be very beneficial if you are wanting a very safe battery.
- Reliable – this battery comes with a very non-toxic and reliable wattage. If you are worried about your battery cutting out halfway through a journey, then you won’t have to worry.
- Easy to Use – all you have to do is hook this one up to your RV and you’ll be ready to go. This comes with reliable lithium-ion, which is a very self-reliant form of fuel for the inside of your battery.
- Versatile – you can use this battery in your RV, a golf cart, your small cart or even your boat. This is great if you consider yourself as a bit of an outdoors person and you like indulging in plenty of hobbies that involve these vehicles.
- No Built-In Charger – this might be a pain for anyone who is looking for a one-purchase battery that will not require you to make any additional purchases.
- Heavy – this might be hard to lug from one place to another. This might be hard if you have mobility issues and are worried about causing yourself injury.
- 12 Volt battery with CA: 1360, Ah: 110
- Absorbed Glass Mat (electrolyte is suspended in fiberglass)
- Spill proof, sealed, valve regulated and vibration resistant
- Ultra low internal resistance
- Mount in almost any position
If you are looking for a battery that can give you a lot of power without being too heavy, then the XS-power D3100 is a great option. This battery gives you a total output of 3100mAh.
This RV battery also comes with a built-to-order charger. However, it doesn’t come with a charger base. You will need to purchase it separately.
This battery is suitable for both marine and land applications. It is made of polypropylene material. It is resistant to corrosion and temperature fluctuations and is able to withstand extreme environments.
With a weight of just over 100 grams, this battery is easy to carry around and making it super very lightweight.
- Lightweight – this battery is very light and easy to carry around. If you are looking to use this battery on more than one vehicle and you want to carry it regularly, then having something lightweight will be great.
- High Capacity – this battery has a total output of 3200mAh. This means that you can get more than enough power to run almost anything. This is great if you have a larger RV.
- Compatible – this battery is compatible with a wide range of vehicles including boats, trucks, SUVs, and other motorized vehicles. If you are wanting a very versatile battery, then this is the one for you.
- Spill-proof – if you are looking for something that will not succumb to water damage, then this is the battery for you. This is also great if you have a boat, as you can be sure that your battery will survive for the long haul.
- No Built-In Charger – this might be difficult if you are looking for something that is very durable. You will also save yourself a lot more money if you are picking up a battery that can recharge itself.
- Not Very Durable – if you are thinking of taking your battery out of your RV regularly. Also, if you are going to be driving regularly, then you can expect it to receive a lot of wear and tear.
- Genuine ExpertPower Battery - The Most Trusted And Highest Reviewed Sealed Lead Acid Batteries On Amazon
- Battery Type - 12 Volt 33Amp/10 Hour Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Quality Assurance - Crafted Wtih A Rugged Construction, Our SLA Batteries Are Ultra Durable And Utilize Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology Which Provides A Wide Temperature Range.
- User Friendly - Easy, One-Time Installation Of Our Maintenance Free and Valve Regulated Batteries Will Get Your System Or Application Running In No Time At All.
If you’re looking for the best RV deep cycle battery then look no further. The Expert Power Rechargeable Battery is designed to last longer throughout its life. When compared to other batteries, this battery was built using state-of-the-art technology.
With top features such as a lifetime warranty, waterproof design, and float protection, this battery does everything possible to meet high standards.
The battery comes in a waterproof container when delivered by Amazon. This container helps protect the battery inside from drops, spills, and even immersion in water. It is encased within a sealed compartment so that no water enters the battery.
The battery is designed to fit all types of RVs or recreational vehicles. Whether you drive a fifth-wheel trailer, travel trailer, pop-up camper, or any other type of RV, this battery can work with different models of RVs. One of the best things about this battery is that it’s capable of charging other devices in case you don’t use an inverter.
One feature that makes this battery special is its Float Protection Technology. This protects the battery from damage while allowing it to float freely in the water. Allowing it to charge without being attached to a device.
This battery gives you the ability to enjoy hours upon hours of fun whenever you go camping or fishing. Its deep cycle design ensures that it lasts much longer during heavy usage. It is recommended for most outdoor activities, but it can also be used indoors depending on the application.
This battery includes a 1-year warranty and 30-day return policy. Both cover replacement and refund.
- Lifetime Warranty – If this ever gets damaged for whatever reason, then you can be sure that the company will replace it. This will give you peace of mind if you are looking to really push your RV battery to the max.
- Waterproof Design – this is the perfect battery for the water, so if you are getting your battery for a boat, then this is probably the best model that you can get. This will protect the internal parts, which will lead to a longer life.
- Float Protection Technology – You can even allow this battery to be completely submerged in the water. This offers you great protection if you like high-speed boating and you are expecting to capsize.
- Works Well In Different Types Of Vehicles – if you want a versatile battery that can work well in RVs, boats and golf carts, then we would certainly recommend this one.
- Does Not Include A Built-In Charger – this is another battery that is not self-sustaining. This will save you a significant amount of cash if you have a self-sustaining battery.
- Special Delivery Note: These golf cart / industrial batteries will arrive on a pallet via truck freight (semi-trucks) not common carrier like UPS. ALL deliveries require an appointment, especially residential. Someone must be present to sign for delivery.
- Please make sure your contact email and phone number registered with your Amazon account is current. The carrier will try scheduling the appointment for 2-3 days. If they are unable to connect with you the pallet will be returned and considered REFUSED by the recipient. In this scenario, ALL freight and re-consignment charges will be deducted from the return. Depending on location that is $265-$400. The shipper/seller cannot be responsible for these charges.
4X Trojan Batteries are our premium line of batteries. They are made with high-quality cells and offer incredible performance and value.
These batteries are available in both flooded and non-flooded versions. The flooded batteries are designed to withstand extreme conditions such as those found in power plants, oil refineries and sewage treatment facilities.
The 4X Trojan Battery has been tested extensively against many different brands to ensure that it delivers consistent results and meets or exceeds customer expectations. These batteries come with a 3-year warranty and include free shipping.
- High-Quality Cells – these are some of the highest quality cells out there and they make up the entire battery. The cells are all protected by an aluminum housing and are encased within a PVC jacket.
- Flooded Version – these batteries are designed to handle extreme environments and are capable of handling extremely acidic environments. This means that they will last longer than other batteries and won’t need replacing as often.
- Free Shipping – these batteries are shipped to you at no cost whatsoever, which will definitely be appealing to anyone who is looking to save themselves a few dollars.
- No Built-in Charger – while this isn’t necessarily a con, it’s something to keep in mind before purchasing this product.
- 12-Volt, 750 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 10 inches x 6 7/8 inches x 7 13/16 inches tall, Weight: 43.5 pounds, Dual SAE & 5/16 inches Stainless Steel Stud Posts. 55 Ah C20 capacity
- Optimal starting power even in bad weather
- Mountable in virtually any position. Works well as a boat battery or RV battery
- Fifteen times more resistant to vibration for durability
- Reserve capacity of 120 minutes for constant performance
Optima batteries are a top brand when it comes to marine batteries. Their Optima 8016-103 Blue Top starting and deep cycle marine battery is another of the best RV batteries to consider. It features a built-in charger, sealed terminals, heavy-duty construction, and corrosion resistance.
This particular model offers 10 hours of runtime on a single charge, but most Optima models feature similar characteristics.
- Longest Runtime – this battery boasts a long runtime of 10 hours per charge. This is great if you are taking out your RV or your boat for most of the day.
- Durable Construction – this is a heavy-duty battery that is built to last for many years. This is perfect for saving you money in the long term, although we would suggest that you treat your battery well if you want it to last a long time.
- Built-in Charger – this battery includes a built-in charger so you don’t have to buy one separately. This is perfect for saving you both time on having to recharge it and money that you would spend on a new battery.
- Expensive – this battery can get expensive depending on where you look, but it does last for a very long time. If you plan on using your battery for more than just a couple of months then this might end up being worth the investment.
- Not Waterproof – this battery is not waterproof meaning that you cannot take it outside without protection. You should always try to avoid leaving your battery exposed to moisture.
- Voltage Drop – this battery drops voltage after about 5 minutes of use. This could cause problems if you aren’t careful and you leave your battery unattended for too long.
Is It A Cold Cranking Battery?
A cold-cranking amp (CCA) is an important feature for car batteries, but it isn’t as important for RV batteries. Cold-cranking amps measure how strong the battery is when you start your vehicle.
This number is also known as the CCA rating. For RV batteries, the cold cranking amps are not very important.
What Is The Voltage?
You should be looking for other specifications such as voltage, amperage, and capacity. Cars with limited space for the engine might have problems powering an electric motor.
RVs might have trouble transferring locations to power certain applications when using a single battery.
How Much Does It Weigh?
The weight will certainly count if you are transferring your battery from your RV to your boat. A lightweight battery will save you from injury, which is particularly important if you are suffering from mobility problems.
How Much Does It Cost?
The price of these batteries will vary depending on which ones you choose. Some companies offer free shipping, but others charge extra for delivery.
What Type Of Battery?
Lithium-ion batteries offer many advantages over other types of batteries. They are lightweight, compact, long-lasting, and powerful. However, they are expensive compared to lead-acid batteries.
Lead-acid batteries are inexpensive but heavy and large. Absorbent glass mat batteries are cheap but need frequent replacement.
Lithium batteries are more expensive than lead-acid batteries, but they last longer. They are a great choice for boondocking trips.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are RV Batteries Used For?
Batteries are used to power many things in an RV. They provide electricity to lights, appliances, and other devices. Most RVs use either a 12- or 6-volt system.
Both types of batteries work well for short trips but longer stays require more power. AGM stands for absorbent glass mat. This type of battery uses a gel electrolyte instead of liquid acid. These batteries are cheaper than Lithium-Ion, but they take longer to charge.
AGM batteries are great because they do not need to be maintained as often as other types of batteries.
The water level must be checked regularly, and it is recommended not to drain them completely. This battery is perfect if you plan on boondocking for an extended period of time. If you’re only planning on going out for a weekend or two, then this battery may be overkill.
Should You Keep Your Battery Plugged In?
Batteries should be charged when fully depleted. Smart chargers monitor the state of your battery and stop charging when you need them most. Solar chargers use sunlight to charge your battery.
If you want to keep your battery plugged in at all times, then you’ll need a deep cycle battery. Deep cycle batteries can hold their charge much better than standard batteries.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the best RV batteries has helped you to decide which one you’ll need for your RV or boat. Remember that you’ll want plenty of safety features to ensure that you and your family are safe throughout your trip.