Are you searching for the warmest and best thin gloves for extreme cold? Look no further, in this post we list 5 of the best warm thin gloves!
The winter season can be an extremely magical one, but also brings along loads of other challenges. From snowstorms to freezing temperatures, we need to prepare ourselves for these conditions. One of the first things most think of is a good pair of warm gloves.
When heading out into the extreme cold of the winter months, leaving your hands unprotected can be dangerous.
Thin gloves typically aren’t ideal for extremely cold temperatures. However, if you want to head out to work or exercise, thick and bulky gloves restrict movement and your ability to operate even the easiest of tasks. Have you ever tried swiping on your mobile touchscreen with a thick pair of gloves? It’s a nightmare!
What you need is a thin glove that provides thermal protection without impeding movement.
With this guide, we’ve found the 5 best thin gloves for extreme cold available today. These winter gloves will keep your hands safe, and they won’t get in the way when you need increased use and mobility.
They also look good too! Take a look at our reviews to find the best thin cold weather gloves for all your winter outdoor adventures.
The 5 Best Thin Gloves For Extreme Cold
- 【Touch Screen Design】With the Unique and Sensitive touchscreen Fingers Capability, the SIMARI touch screen gloves are compatible with iPhone, iPad, computer and other intelligent equipment. You can freely texting, typing, play games, click smart watch and GPS panel of cars with the SIMARI phone gloves.
- 【Comfortable & Warm】The SIMARI winter gloves are made of 95% Polyester and 5% Spandex, with the warm Flannel lining and elastic cuff, enhancing the warmth and elasticity. When you go out, the SIMARI warm gloves can keep your hand warm and comfortable in cold weather.
- 【No-slip & Humanized Design】Coming with enough silicone particles on the palm and fingers, which effectively increases the grip strength and abrasion resistance of the thermal gloves. Let you grip any tool firmly. And there are reflection patterns on the back of the gloves.It can reflect light and improve the safety of cycling at night.
- 【The Scope Application】The SIMARI Winter Gloves will be a great and practical gift for men, women, family or friends. The men women gloves is perfect for cycling, running, driving, motorcycling, walking, riding, hiking, climbing, golfing, fishing, shooting, workout, training, working, sports outside or stay at home in winter, spring or fall.
- 【Warm Tips】Scan with the Transparency app or Amazon app get limited-time Surprises. You have no risk to have a try, just need to believe, we will be always with you. Any question, we are willing to try our best to solve it, without any requirement. If all customers are satisfied with our product, it will be our greatest achievement.
If you’re looking for a pair of gloves that are comfortable, warm, and don’t interfere with your movements, then SIMARI’s Touch Screen Winter Gloves are the perfect choice.
These lightweight unisex gloves feature an ergonomic design that allows you to move freely in cold weather, with silicone particles to improve grip.
The SIMARI gloves are designed for staying active during outdoor activities. The main way they’ve enhanced this feature is with the use of these silicone particles.
They are located across the palm and fingers, improving the grip strength and resisting movement.
If you enjoy cycling or camping in the winter, these gloves ensure you don’t need to compromise control to keep your hands warm.
SIMARI has carefully chosen fabrics to increase warmth without adding bulk. Made from 95% polyester and 5% spandex, they fit snug around cold hands and fingers.
A flannel lining adds extra warmth and feels wonderful against the skin. The shaping is finished with an elastic cuff that traps the heat and reduces slip.
Extreme cold gloves can sacrifice functionality for warmth, but these SIMARI gloves have struck a good balance.
- Silicone particles on palm and fingers – Increased grip strength aids the practicality of this design.
- Reflective strip – If you enjoy running or cycling in low light, the reflective strip keeps you visible.
- Elasticated cuff – Reduces movement of the glove and traps warmth.
- Lacks waterproofing – These gloves withstand light showers, but can get soggy.
- ☛HIGH SENSITIVE TOUCHSCREEN: Featuring high sensitive conductive material on thumbs, forefingers and middle fingers, you can wear the gloves to touch screen of your smartphone, tablet, iPhone or other touch screen devices
- ☛TRIANGLE SILICONE ANTI-SLIP: Fully covered with triangle silicone on palm, you can grip the steering wheel firmly when driving or hold your phone steadily without worrying about it slipping from your hand
- ☛WARM LINING AND COMFORTABLE: Made of soft napping the inner lining, the gloves are extremely comfortable and warm considering they aren’t bulky! Also with the stretchy snug fit, you can type a text just as fast as you would without gloves
- ☛WELL FITTING AND ELASTIC CUFF: Thickened elastic wrist keeps the glove closed around your skin and keeps the snow or wind out in winter. And the gloves are stretchy enough to fit your hands perfectly
- ☛GOOD GIFT FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS: These gloves are unisex and stretchy and have two sizes to choose, you can send one as a gift to your family or friends without worrying about the problem of size. They will love it very much
An upgraded touchscreen sensitivity has made these TRENDOUX gloves a top choice for cold weather.
50% more conductive yarn has been woven through the fingertips of these gloves (compared to other brands) ensuring you can control your phone without removing your gloves.
Six touchscreen-compatible fingertips – including thumbs – allow you to operate screens with greater versatility. The sensitivity is impressive.
Although you shouldn’t expect a perfect click every time, they do work better than many other touchscreen-sensitive gloves on the market.
But TRENDOUX gloves aren’t all about the fingertips. From the cuff upwards, these are a well-designed pair of gloves. The thick elasticated cuff is wind-proof and prevents excess movement.
The fit is snug without being too tight, assisting movement and reducing slip. A warm napping lining is both comfortable and practical, keeping the heat in.
TRENDOUX gloves are designed for everyday use. The anti-slip silicone triangle anchors your smartphone and can also help with driving. They’re practical for cold days when you perhaps don’t want to leave the house but have to anyway.
The TRENDOUX gloves are great for those who want a touchscreen glove that doesn’t compromise on comfort. They also come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can have a stylish glove that stays warm.
- Sensitive touchscreen-compatible fingertips – Control your smartphone and tablet with ease thanks to the ultra-sensitive fingertips.
- Multiple designs – Express your personality with these attractive and warm gloves.
- Heavy elasticated cuffs – Wind-proof, and reduces slip.
- Less warmth – These gloves are best for daily wear, and not long-term exposure to cold.
Also available for purchase at WalMart.com
- Thin, fitted liner gloves can be worn on their own or as a first layer under heavier gloves in harsher conditions
- UA Storm finish repels rain & snow without sacrificing breathability
- Soft ColdGear EVO fabric delivers an ultra warm feel, with no extra weight
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Tech Touch print on thumbs & fingers allow you to use touch screen devices without taking your gloves off
Another of the warmest thin gloves, the Under Armour ColdGear liner gloves, are ideal for wet winter weather. Designed to be stormproof and warm, these are the gloves to wear for tackling extreme conditions.
They work both on their own, or as a liner glove for a serious freeze.
Under Armour ColdGear is a popular range with outdoor athletes, creating sturdy base layers that are warm but thin. These gloves are another fantastic product from the line, using the best of the ColdGear technology to keep your fingers warm.
If you plan to tackle the harshest of weather conditions, then the Under Armour ColdGear gloves are the ones for you, as they’re so jam-packed with features. Made from Soft ColdGear EVO fabric, they’re comfortable without weight, trapping in the heat.
But Under Armour gloves aren’t just designed for chilly days — these gloves can stand up to storms. The UA Storm finish repels rain, sleet, and snow, avoiding that horrible feeling of cold and soggy gloves.
They also feature moisture-wicking technology, keeping sweaty hands dry. Sweat may not seem like a problem in cold weather, but if you’re exercising, the moisture can get trapped inside the glove and cool down.
Moisture-wicking keeps the hands dry and warm.
A fitted closure and a simple design finish the Under Armour gloves fantastically.
- Moisture-wicking – Stay dry and warm when exercising.
- 97% Polyester, 13% Spandex – Stretchy and fitted fabric that improves warmth.
- Tech Touch print – Touchscreen compatible.
- The inner lining is not very comfortable.
- USE SIZING CHART FOR ACCURATE SIZING!! ✔ [TRUST]. Since 2014, Mountain Made Products Best Selling Gloves have provided customers with an everyday wear glove for outdoor activities. Mens & Womens Mutli-Purpose Touchscreen Gloves for Outdoor Fun, Hiking, Riding, Cycling, Driving, & Everyday use.
- ✔ [ UPGRADED YKK ZIPPERS] All Zipper designs for adjust fitting, comfort, and warmth. Strong heat preservation, super hand feel, super light, super breath freely. We guarantee a top-notch zipper that will not compromise.
- ✔ [QUALITY STITCHING] Hand stitched with care for ultimate comfort and quality. Absorbent and quick-drying comfort lining, multi-directional stretch for active use.
- ✔ [ELITE CUSTOMER SERVICE] We stand behind all of our products for excellence in craftsmanship. Our customer care has earned us 5-stars every year we've sold products on Amazon. Mountain Made is a brand you can trust to care for you as a customer for life.
- ✔ [SLEEK with DEXTERITY] Recommended at 32° or warmer. SEE SIZING CHART IN PICTURES OR BELOW.
The zipper adds some extra bulk to this thin design, but it’s worth it for the exceptional fit.
By using the zipper, you can control exactly how tightly fitted these warm gloves are. Loosen the zipper when you need some extra movement in the wrist, or keep it tight and lock the cold out.
As well as the zipper, we love the fabric used in the Genesis glove. A blend of polyester, spandex, and PVC rubber, the Genesis glove incorporates a multi-directional stretch for extra movement.
If you’re working or camping in the cold, these Mountain Made gloves ensure you have freedom. They also have a surprisingly good grip, especially considering the slightly bulky fabric.
We also love the finish of the Genesis glove by Mountain Made. Hand stitching gives them strength and durability that’s sure to be appreciated in the cold weather. The comfort lining is gentle on the skin, absorbent, and fast-drying. Perfect for your cold-weather adventures.
- YKK zipper – A long-lasting zip that lets you adjust the fit of the gloves to suit your needs.
- Touchscreen gloves – Keep your hands warm when using your phone thanks to the touchscreen fingers.
- Multi-directional stretch – Increase movement with this flexible design.
- Be careful with the fit – Mountain Made provides a size chart, which should be used to ensure an exact fit.
- Material: 46% acrylic, 44% merino wool, 9% polyester, 1% elastane
- Style: liner glove
- Closure: rib-knit cuff
- Touchscreen Compatible: yes
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
The Genesis glove by Mountain Made is one of our top choices for extreme cold gloves. It has been designed specifically for winter activity, utilizing a stretch fabric and zipper design to aid movement.
It’s the fabric that makes the Smartwool Liner Gloves such a good choice for tackling the cold weather.
Constructed using a blend of 46% acrylic, 44% Merino wool, 9% polyester, and 1% elastane, these gloves are warming, breathable, and soft against the skin.
They offer excellent insulation while being flexible enough to move easily.
Smartwool has constructed this pair of gloves incredibly well, adding ribbed cuffs and a thumb gusset. This prevents the gloves from slipping off during exercise or shifting about too much.
With an elastane and wool mix in the material, the gloves are closely fitted, staying in place as you exercise and keeping the warmth in.
Merino wool is an exceptional natural fabric. Not only is it soft and warm, but it’s also naturally moisture-wicking and odor-neutralizing. For extreme cold exercise gear, it’s a surprisingly useful fabric.
By constructing these gloves using a mixture of Merino wool and other fabrics, Smartwool has combined Merino’s warming and breathable properties with all the advantages of synthetic fabrics.
As a liner glove, these Smartwool gloves are suitable for chilly weather and layering under heavier gloves.
- Merino wool construction – This natural material is both breathable and warm, as well as feeling wonderfully soft.
- Touchscreen enabled – Use your smartphone without removing your gloves.
- 2-year warranty – Trust in the quality of these gloves with an impressive warranty.
- Runs big – Finding the right size can be tricky.
Best Thin Gloves For Extreme Cold Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to buying extreme cold gloves, we often think of bigger as better. So, what do we do when we need gloves that can withstand the cold and won’t reduce movement?
In that situation, you need a thin glove with thermal protection. To ensure you get the right glove for you, we’ve put together this buyer’s guide covering all the features to look out for.
Fabric And Insulation
Thin gloves can’t rely on bulk for insulation, so they have to be clever with their fabric choices.
Many thin gloves for extreme cold will use synthetic fabrics such as polyester, spandex, and acrylic. However, you can also find silk and wool insulated gloves.
Merino wool is a fantastic fabric for thermal gloves, as it’s naturally warming and moisture-wicking. Polyester is also great, and many of the best thin cold weather gloves contain a blend of the two.
Thin gloves that are best suited for extreme cold will sometimes use a blend of materials to achieve the perfect balance between warmth and breathability.
Gloves for extreme cold will often layer fabrics, pairing a durable outer shell with a soft lining. Fleece, flannel, and wool are popular fabric choices for an inner lining and offer thermal protection for an insulated glove.
Another important feature of the fabric to consider is how it feels. The gloves should be soft and comfortable against the skin, with no scratchy materials.
Windproofing And Waterproofing
Extreme cold weather is frequently accompanied by wind, rain, and snow. Windproof gloves will cut down on the chill, preventing the bite of wind from freezing your hands.
Windproof gloves will typically use clever construction and build to stop the wind from getting in.
Waterproofing isn’t necessary, but if you plan on going out in the snow, it’s a feature worth considering. Damp gloves in cold weather will stay wet, and only get colder. Waterproof gloves protect your hands from that damp chill.
Fit is essential for both comfort and warmth. Extreme cold gloves should fit, unsurprisingly, like a glove. A snug fit traps in that heat and prevents cold from leaking through the gaps.
If you plan on exercising or working in the extreme cold, a good fit will stop the gloves from slipping and moving across the hands.
The cuffs are one of the most important parts of the fit. They should either be elasticated or fitted with an added closure. Zips, Velcro, and buttons are common closures on thin gloves.
Don’t forget the fingers. If the fingers are loose, you won’t have the movement you need.
Some manufacturers will include a sizing guide with their gloves, and we recommend paying close attention to this. The fit is essential in the extreme cold — you definitely don’t want your gloves falling off.
When you’re wearing gloves for extreme cold and you plan on working or exercising, you’ll need some kind of grip. Silicone is commonly used to add areas of the grip to the gloves, often across the palm or fingers.
Thin gloves are useful in extreme cold because they don’t restrict movement. Areas of grip add to this functionality.
It also means that you’re less likely to drop your phone on the icy ground and help you keep hold of the steering wheel when driving.
Thin gloves for extreme cold should be flexible enough to allow a full range of motion. You should be able to move your fingers without any restriction. The stretch of the fabric should work with you, rather than holding you back.
There should also be enough stretch in the cuff for wrist movement and rotation.
On cold days, you may not understand the need for moisture-wicking. But as your hands get sweaty and that sweat cools, you’ll be grateful for the breathability.
Moisture-wicking draws the sweat to the surface, where it evaporates away. Some natural fabrics, such as Merino wool and silk, are moisture-wicking. Synthetic fabrics are often designed as breathable materials.
Avoid cotton if you’re interested in moisture-wicking. It’s notorious for staying damp.
No one wants to take their gloves off in cold weather just to reply to a message. Touchscreen capabilities allow you to use smartphones, tablets, and car screens, all while keeping your hands comfortable.
Touchscreen gloves are rarely perfect. You’ll often find a few extra presses are needed to nail a button push. But they’re still better than having to take your gloves off and expose your fingers to the chill.
A higher price isn’t a guarantee of quality, but a cheap glove generally won’t be very warm. If you’re interested in a thin glove for the extreme cold, then expect to pay more for thermal insulation.
Really good gloves will come with a warranty, promising that you can trust in the quality of the build and finish to last.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Thin Gloves Keep Your Hands Warm?
Thin gloves use clever construction and materials to keep your hands warm in cold weather. Thin gloves don’t sound like they’ll be of much use in extreme cold, as we tend to use bulky layers to trap heat.
However, materials such as polyester, nylon, and wool can add thermal protection and insulation without needing excess layers.
Why Buy Thin Gloves For Extreme Cold?
Buy thin gloves for extreme cold when you want to keep your hands warm, but you don’t want big gloves to restrict your movements. For exercise, outdoor activities, and camping, thin gloves add heat without reducing movement.
During exercise, your hands are likely to get warm anyway. Thin gloves will stop your hands from overheating, without needing to expose them to the biting cold.
What Are The Best Thin Gloves For Extreme Cold?
The best thin gloves for extreme cold are those which offer the right amount of warmth, flexibility, and movement.
We like thin gloves from Smartwool, Mountain Made, and Under Armour for warmth, and the pairs from SIMARI and TRENDOUX for versatility.
Our top pick is the Genesis gloves from Mountain Made, which combine warmth with an intelligent design.
What Are Liner Gloves?
Liner gloves are thinner gloves that can be worn on their own, or under another pair of gloves. They’re useful for cold days because they’re so adaptable.
They can offer some protection against the cold, and you can avoid bare hands when working outdoors. Liner gloves are typically made out of light material with a snug fit to slip beneath an outer layer.
Final Thoughts On The Warmest Thin Gloves
There you have it, folks — five of the very best thin gloves for extreme cold.
If you want to keep warm this winter without rendering your hands a pair of useless, inarticulate paws, pick up a pair of these awesome slimline creations and endure the cold with gusto.